Corn Free and sometimes Dairy Free cooking

Thursday, February 26, 2009

One of My Favorite Baking Secrets

Above:The container of shortening and my personal storage container (2 cup Pyrex bowl) complete with label/recipe. It saves me time to have it right on the container.

Dairy free, Corn Free

I found myself commenting on a chat list this afternoon about this Baker's Pan Coating thinking sure I had already posted it here. I was surprised to find surprised I had not posted this sooner, I sure meant to. Sorry! It is simple to make. I hope you enjoy using it.

Baker's Pan Coating
(For non-stick baking)


1/2 cup Spectrum Shortening
1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup flour


Mix together well, and place in a small container with a tight lid. Store in the refrigerator. Place a small amount of this coating in any baking pan and spread over the surface (I dish it out with a butter knife and then use my clean fingers to distribute it over the pan surface. I think it helps to moisturize my skin a bit. Baker's bonus!) . This works well for almost all baking pans, breads, muffins, cakes, etc. I never have trouble getting my baked goods to release from the pan when I use this mixture. This keeps well when stored in the refrigerator.

No comments: